Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Washer Cycles Only During Pre-wash  (Read 3434 times)

Offline nkerzman

• VIP Member
Washer Cycles Only During Pre-wash
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »

Whirlpool Washer Model LSR7333PQ0

Washer stopped cycling. When the timer is on and the lid is closed the machine does not respond.

EXCEPTION - I was able to find a place in the Pre-Wash Cycle (about mid-cycle of Pre-Wash), at this place the washer spins and drains, and the timer advances to the end of the Pre-Wash Cycle.

I thought this was a timer issue so I replaced the timer. Replacing the timer did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Offline elite

• VIP Member
Re: Washer Cycles Only During Pre-wash
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
Whirlpool Washer Model LSR7333PQ0

Washer stopped cycling. When the timer is on and the lid is closed the machine does not respond.

EXCEPTION - I was able to find a place in the Pre-Wash Cycle (about mid-cycle of Pre-Wash), at this place the washer spins and drains, and the timer advances to the end of the Pre-Wash Cycle.

I thought this was a timer issue so I replaced the timer. Replacing the timer did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
  machine fills with water agitates clothes and but will not spin ?  could be a lid switch that engages motor or coupling bad  check lid switch first

Offline nkerzman

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
machine fills with water agitates clothes and but will not spin ?  could be a lid switch that engages motor or coupling bad  check lid switch first

No the machine does not fill with water, it does not agitate. The only time it spins (and drains) is half-way through the Pre-Wash cycle... essentially the last portion of the Pre-Wash.

Offline elite

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »
when your ready i will walk you threw some check  u will need a philips screw driver  and  volt ohm meter  and needle nose pliers

Offline elite

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »
shutt the water off at the supply hoses and check the hot and cold water valve screens  see if they are plugged...... if not plugged reconnect hoses turn water back on.  unplug washer remove the two corners screws to the backsplash and flip back just like when u replace timer  exposing the backsplash controls .... their should be a round whit canister called water level  pressure switch hase a clear hose connected to it and a 3 wires   pull knob off from front side and back side has a plastic snap tab rotate 180 degrees comes out  that clear hose remove and blow in tube  then suck on it due u hear a click there is a small bladder in there that tells the water to flow threw valve in to washer and how much water if it feels week replace if not then u have a bad watervalve   pressure switch part #W10339229 usualy $54.00 watervalve part #285805 $27.14 my guess watervalve  but only can be sure if u have an voltage meter if ur watervalve is getting 11o volts and your getting no water its bad valve if no voltage its pressure switch

Offline nkerzman

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 08:41:38 PM »
Ok call me a newbie on this one....

I hadn't realized the plumber turned off the supply connection. The washer was not cycling because there was no water coming in.

Thanks elite, your tips helped have me check the water connections.

Thanks!