the bearings were shot,screeching ,loose drum etc.so i bought the maytag neptune service manual and read the various sections pertaining to my problem.every part place wanted 200-275 for the outer drum assembly,i figured its messed up now nothing to lose.
some how i found the bearings size and numbers that i needed on the internet,pure dumb luck there ,and bought them at napa,they were for a cars front or rear end,dont remember what car,but i do have the part numbers,for the inner and outer.two different sizes.
i got my service manual and started disassembly,the book is very good to have,worth the 30.00 bucks.
got it stripped down to the outer drum assembly,took about 1hr.
removed the old bearing,the old fashion way.hammer and a pipe to tap with.OH,i left the outer tub assembly in the machine case.
cleaned everthing real good and put the new ones in.on the one that went in the tub assembly i used about a 3foot pipe to drive it in ,that so i could get a better swing at it.
got a new lip seal kit,and put it back together.
that was in april and still working fine.
the most expensive part was the seal kit.
seal kit 36
now im having timer problems on the washer