Hey all. I have done some extensive testing to try and fix my dishwasher but haven't had any luck. An expert was walking me some suggestions, but we're now both stumped. Hopefully you guys may have some more suggestions to help me figure out whats going on... Below is my problem and what I did to try and figure out whats wrong. Any feedback is appreciated.
Recently my dishwasher has been getting stuck at the rinse cycle with the "Delay/Water Heating" light on. It always gets stuck here and never advances.
I've taken the following steps to figure out the problem with no luck:
- I tested both stats (cycle and hi-limit) to ensure they are working properly. Hi-limit was closed at normal temp and cycle stat was open at normal temp. I held the cycle stat to the side of a boiling pot of water and it closed.
- I tested the heating element to ensure it has voltage. 120v at the terminals. During the drying cycle the heating element feels hot, it doesnt feel very hot during the stuck rinse cycle. I replaced the heating element just in case. Still stuck at same point.
- I switched out the cycle stat with a light switch so I can see if it advances when the circuit it closed. Once I closed the circuit the timer advanced as it should.
- I stopped the d/w at the stuck cycle and added more water (in case it was too low) but it still didnt advance.
- the temp of the water coming into the d/w is about 125deg. I stopped the unit a few times and tested the water quickly and it appeared to be about 140 or so.
- I did a few other test to ensure the water is filling enough and not draining and a few others prob not worth mentioning.
So with that. I am genuinely stumped. I come from the school of thought that everything can be fixed, but I just cant seem to figure this one out. I thought someone here may have some suggestions.