Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool gas dryer model WGD4900XW1 with s/n M22623038  (Read 340 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Whirlpool gas dryer model WGD4900XW1 with s/n M22623038
« on: October 09, 2022, 04:28:57 AM »

The above dryer was given to me as a trade  for another type of laundry appliance . It was setup for Propane fuel and needed to be converted back to Natural gas for another possible customer. When the burner was removed  I changed the orifice to the size needed for natural from propane gas. In the past all of the units I have converted used a gas valve with a limiter pin in the center of the valve that needed to be changed back to std plug also at least that was what I did in the past. This gas valve uses a different type of valve design . Also the screws holding it together are a non removable type unless a special tool is available which I dont have. Can anyone shed some light on this ? Can this valve be used as is  ? I need advice.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool gas dryer model WGD4900XW1 with s/n M22623038
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 10:15:52 AM »
This item was put into the washing machine category by accident and has now been entered into the dryer category as it should have been.