Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: MVWC565FW2 Maytag Washer  (Read 482 times)

Offline Transformer

• Technician
MVWC565FW2 Maytag Washer
« on: September 29, 2022, 09:42:34 AM »

I recently Purchased this Maytag washer and it vibrates to much the stores in the area all were running this model MVWC565FW2 on Clearence sales and I was wondering if there is a design flaw. Has anyone else had problems with this Washer? : thanks:

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
Re: MVWC565FW2 Maytag Washer
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 02:02:12 PM »
The washing machine that you bought is a basic model, that has been in production for about 7 years now.  If you evenly place 6 similar towels in the washing machine and it still vibrates excessively, then you might have a problem.  Try that, and let us know what the results are.

Cash donations always accepted.

Bearcat
P O Box 8
Hiwasse, AR 72739

Offline Transformer

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 07:58:57 PM »
Thanks Bearcat, sorry it took so long to get back to you, wife had gall bladder surgery and then while in the Hospital we both caught Covid. I did as you suggested with 6 same size towels laid them in washer two end to end then two more end to end 180 degrees from the first two and then the last two 180 degrees from the second set. thought i done some good until the last final spin and it was as bad as ever. it shacks bad enough that you can't read the writing on the control panel. have any other things i can try or check? Thanks for any help!

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 09:35:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about your illness.  Hope everyone is better now.

Try running it empty.  Although two other things that you can check are grab the basket at the top and swing it right to left and left to right as hard as you can a few times.  You should hear liquid sloshing in the balance ring that is at the top of the basket.  If that liquid has leaked out for some reason, your machine will not balance.  The other item is the support rods, which should be good if the machine is new, although anything can go wrong.  To test the spring hangers, press down firmly on the four corners of the basket.  The pressure needed to move them should be equal.   In older machines usually one of these is severely off from the rest, and causes regular out of balance issues.  If one of these is bad, we always recommend replacing all four of them.

Bearcat
P O Box 8
Hiwasse, AR 72739

Offline Transformer

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 08:03:34 PM »
Hello Bearcat, I can hear liquid sloshing when turning the tub back and forth or pushing the tub forward or backwards and side to side. I pushed down on the tub on all four Corners, and it felt the same. I ran the machine with no clothes in it and it seems to be worse empty. any other suggestions? Thanks for the suggestions!

Transformer.

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 01:10:00 AM »
Thatís about all that I can think of for now.  Since you just bought it, I would call for warranty service.  They will send someone to check it out for free.  I use to do warranty service.  The technician might say they all act like this, and that might be true, as I am not in front of your machine to do a proper evaluation.  They might change the set of spring hangers just to try to make it better.  If I think of anything else, I will let you know.

Bearcat
P O Box 8
Hiwasse, AR 72739

Offline Transformer

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 04:56:52 PM »
Bearcat; sounds like a good idea; I appreciate all the suggestions they were good ones. if i ever find out what it is i will post back, and thanks for all the suggestions.
Transformer.