Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Troubleshooting Kenmore 587.14659201B portable dishwasher  (Read 537 times)

Offline Smythers00

• VIP Member
Troubleshooting Kenmore 587.14659201B portable dishwasher
« on: September 26, 2022, 08:37:31 PM »

Hi all,

I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies here... it's the end of a VERY long day and I've come home to sprinkle the bacon bits of a broken dishwasher onto this suck-salad of a day.

I've got this Kenmore 587.14659201B portable dishwasher with a pump that won't engage.  I plug it in, connect it to the faucet, turn on the water.  The panel lights up, buttons work.  Normally the next thing that SHOULD happen is the dishwasher cycles the discharge pump to empty the washer before it fills up again.  But that discharge pump doesn't cycle.

I suspect the main board.  Would anyone have a wiring diagram for that thing?  Part number is WQP8-1801.D.1-1  2012.04.07

Here's what I've looked at:
- It's plugged in and has power.
- Pushbutton panel lights up and works fine.  Beeper works when you push the buttons. 
- I've cycled the power button to turn it on and off again.  Pump does not engage.
- Checked the door latch with a voltmeter for continuity and it works fine.  That latch was actually replaced last year.
- I've checked the inlet valve for resistance and get a value for that, but without a service manual, I can't be sure if it's in the proper range.

That's all I've got for the moment.

If anyone has any ideas or could point me to a wiring diagram or repair manual for this particular dishwasher (holding my breath over here!), I'd be greatful.

Cheers,

RJ