Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchen aid French door refrigerator model number krmf706ess01  (Read 269 times)

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Kitchen aid French door refrigerator model number krmf706ess01
« on: September 12, 2022, 06:40:34 AM »

Kitchen aid French door refrigerator model number krmf706ess01. Having multiple issues with lighting, dispensing, pantry user interface lighting. Right side door switch is good but test faulty in diagnostics. Other related problems. I'm suspecting pantry wiring harness # w11170612. Wondering if any technicians have incountered this problem. I see that marcone has 51 in stock in one location alone. This is a good indicator. Any feedback is appreciated. Fortunately this is a unit in my shop that belongs to me. Thanks.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Kitchen aid French door refrigerator model number krmf706ess01
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 02:32:58 PM »
Update. One broken wire in harness, also one with broken insulation. Just like the whirlpool side by side that breaks at bottom hinge area. This post will hopefully save someone hours of searching for this multi issue problem. Have fun, I am. I would do this for free, but I'm not going to!

Offline Draymc48

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 12:31:38 PM »
We run across this problem all the time with pantry side cable.  The factory has told me these units can have bizarre symptoms when those cables break. With the deli board being tied into the low voltage system, it will backfeed and cause anything else in low voltage system to malfunction.  Also be on the look out for water/moisture underneath the pantry interface.  Moisture in that board will cause low voltage issues also

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 12:54:19 PM »
We run across this problem all the time with pantry side cable.  The factory has told me these units can have bizarre symptoms when those cables break. With the deli board being tied into the low voltage system, it will backfeed and cause anything else in low voltage system to malfunction.  Also be on the look out for water/moisture underneath the pantry interface.  Moisture in that board will cause low voltage issues also
Good to know, thank you. I work on a lot of Whirlpool in The Villiages Fl. Appreciate the feedback. God bless

Offline Draymc48

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 04:45:05 AM »
I ran across another one of these with what I call a ghost failure. Customer says fridge stopped cooling, lights/fans still on. They tried power reset to no avail, so they call us. Takes about 3-5 days for scheduling and when tech arrives, unit cold as a popsicle and making ice. Had 2 of these this week and it's basically something in the low volt (typically frz, ff, or ice box fan) back feeding somewhere. When you get there and it's working fine you can't troubleshoot anything. Very frustrating!

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 03:59:39 PM »
Yeah, that can be a time consuming buzz killer. Another issue that I failed to mention with this open low volt circuit is with unit in off position, compressor continued to run. Since replacing the cable harness this morning all issues have been resolved. This is now a stock part on my truck.Thanks for the feedback.