Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: W10882923 Icemaker works for 2 weeks then just quits Model GI6FARXXQ07  (Read 298 times)

Offline Mr. Big Green Egg

• VIP Member

I've got 2 ref's that are having issues with this icemaker.  This is a simple icemaker but have had an issue finding the demon in one of the fridges.  When I arrived the icemaker had no cubes lodged preventing the arms from turning.  Removed cover and the module was stopped about halfway thru the cycle.  placed my wire in correct holes and held door switch down.  Did nothing.  Removed i/m to inspect and found nothing so I put it back in and it started to finish the harvest. removed, dumped water out and reinstalled. manually cycle it again and it went halfway and stopped again.  door switch good, temps are very good. damper in correct position, water pressure good, oem filter. And this is the 2nd icemaker in 18 months. Anybody had a board issue causing this on this popular style fridge?  Ive never seen the wiring in the icebox on this style ever compromised. UGH and TIA.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Re: W10882923 Icemaker works for 2 weeks then just quits Model GI6FARXXQ07
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 05:11:58 AM »
Did you add the little black slide on terminal with the yellow wire that goes on the front of the module head? It is is actually a feedback line to the computer. Also I always unplug these refrigerators after installing the new ice maker to remove any computer glitch that may be present.

Offline Mr. Big Green Egg

• VIP Member
Re: W10882923 Icemaker works for 2 weeks then just quits Model GI6FARXXQ07
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 07:12:50 AM »
yep. important to unplug fridge to reset.  Went back out yesterday and ohmed out wires from the ice box to where they connect to the board.  door switch good as well.  did all the normal stuff and even tilted ref back and blew out coils more than necessary.  We will see.......