Kenmore Refrigerator Model 106.56532400
This about 15-year-old unit, my spare fridge in the garage, is reasonably cold on the freezer side, however, the fridge side is getting dangerously warm. I'm a handy individual and have checked the usual issues without having the root cause nor resolution.
- Coils are very clean; no cleaning was necessary
- The condenser fan operates normally
- Evaporator coils and vicinity are frost/ice-free
- Evaporator fan operates normally]
- I can hear gurgling Freon with an ear to a side panel when the unit is turned-off
The only minor issue is the drain to the pan is totally iced, there was a thin layer of ice in the bottom of the freezer and no water condensate in the pan. Since I live in a dry environment, this is not an issue. I just need to turn the unit off for 24 hours sometime when the food supply is low.
Any suggestions? I've taken this as far as I can.