Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Cafe dispenser cover removal CFE28YP2MDS1  (Read 292 times)

Offline Mr. Big Green Egg

• VIP Member
GE Cafe dispenser cover removal CFE28YP2MDS1
« on: August 23, 2022, 08:08:41 AM »

Spent too much time fighting trying to remove the dispenser cover yesterday.  I simply could not get the cover off by the lift up and out method to release the tabs on this one.  even used my plastic tools to try and hold the top of the cover outwards while pushing up.  Anybody had the same issue?  What am I doing wrong?  I dont want to snap it off but need to get to the flapper door motor.  TIA

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Re: GE Cafe dispenser cover removal CFE28YP2MDS1
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 05:02:11 PM »
Spent too much time fighting trying to remove the dispenser cover yesterday.  I simply could not get the cover off by the lift up and out method to release the tabs on this one.  even used my plastic tools to try and hold the top of the cover outwards while pushing up.  Anybody had the same issue?  What am I doing wrong?  I dont want to snap it off but need to get to the flapper door motor.  TIA
I have run across several that were stuck plastic to plastic either on the right or left side. Ive pulled some out that were buggers. You may try and slide a putty knife in to find your problem area.