Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RF31FMESBSR Twin Cooling. Fridge gets to 34 but freezer 72.  (Read 135 times)

Offline jimmye4golf

• VIP Member

This is my sister's fridge. I told her I would look at it and see if I could fix it for her.  I had a spare fridge/freezer in my shop that only held beer so I've let her borrow that while I tinkered with this.  All 3 fans are working, compressor is working, no codes but the freezer will not get cold or below 72 degrees.  The top half (fridge) gets down to 34 degrees though.  I'm obviously not a refrigerator repair man but I was an auto mechanic for about 10 years so I understand the basics.  The low side of the compressor is 30 psi which for a car that would be pretty close but I'm not sure on the fridge/freezer. Any help, tips or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.  I'm tired of walking back up to the house for a cold beer.

Offline jimmye4golf

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung RF31FMESBSR Twin Cooling. Fridge gets to 34 but freezer 72.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 12:10:58 AM »
Ok, low side pressure dropped to about 15 psi.   Freezer got down to 39 but fridge went to 55 degrees.  This thing sounds about right for 2022.