Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag CWE4800ACB control board  (Read 217 times)

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
Maytag CWE4800ACB control board
« on: July 20, 2022, 09:04:05 PM »

Maytag f5 code on my moms oven.  Has anyone ever rebuilt the control board?  I've replaced blown transformers etc on washing machines that were obviously blown out.  I don't see anything jumping out at me on this board. There is a place on the web that says they will rebuild it but thought I'd ask here first.  I've gotten a lot of good help here in the past.  Thanks in advance everybody!

Offline HerbG

• Technician
Re: Maytag CWE4800ACB control board
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 10:43:39 AM »
The E5 code is triggered by high temperature in the control compartment. Check the cooling fan and high limit switch before replacing the ERC. Good Luck!

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag CWE4800ACB control board
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 07:55:02 PM »
Thank you for the quick response, just to ask for clarification did you mean to write F5 and not E5.  What you are saying makes sense but mom lives an hour away and my job has me on call 24/7 but it would be worth it to go look and catch it acting up.  I'm just going by what she's telling me and when she said f5, sears website says its the board. Thanks again.