Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Heat pump dryer ywhd3090gw0  (Read 154 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Whirlpool Heat pump dryer ywhd3090gw0
« on: July 18, 2022, 03:35:35 AM »

The compressor of this dryer was running but the discharge
 Tubing was barely warm. I found out the suction pressure was only 1 psig. So I charged it up to 75 psig, then the discharge tubing was a lot hotter. It seems the tempersture of the discharge tubing was fluctuating between very hot So and hot. So now the dryer has some heat. My question is:what pressure should the suction side be. What pressure should the high side be? I don't have this info. I am going back to this house this morning. It seems the suction side won't go up any more.after I put in more R1[size=78%]34a, to 75psig,[/size]
[size=78%]The heat is there, also means it lost lots of R134a. [/size]

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Heat pump dryer ywhd3090gw0
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 04:00:28 AM »
This is the first time I broke into the sealed system of the
Heatpump dryer, so I don't know what to expect. Please the whirlpool repairman give me somme hints.

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Heat pump dryer ywhd3090gw0
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 02:46:18 AM »
I am surprised not many repairmen have seen problems with
This type of hest pump dryer. I am going back to the customer next few days to see what I can do now. They may have to buy a new dryer, definitely not heat pump this time.