Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bad compressor in my Kenmore Refrigerator  (Read 307 times)

Offline rhunyady1

• VIP Member
Bad compressor in my Kenmore Refrigerator
« on: August 23, 2022, 05:18:27 AM »

This is my very first post on this forum and I really hope that I can get some help with my problem. I have a Kenmore model #79572493611 refrigerator that needs a new compressor. The compressor that is now in it is a discontinued LG model# FLB075LBNA and I have no idea what the part number is. I need to know what compressor model(s) I can get to replace my piece of junk FLB075LBNA. I have an opportunity to buy a possible candidate FLA075LANA at a good price, but I don't want to spend any more money if I can't use it. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated

Offline houptee

• Technician
Re: Bad compressor in my Kenmore Refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 07:11:18 AM »
LG has a updated universal compressor to replace almost every linear compressor. Look up the part number by using the model number of the fridge not the numbers on the compressor.
It requires the mainboard to have a software update using a special jig.
I would suggest you do not make the repair to this fridge as there are other problems when these compressors fail that cause the condenser and cap tubing to clog with debris. Also there may have been a leak in the evaporator aluminum tubing that allowed air into the system causing the oil to gel up like wax.
I would suggest shopping for a new fridge to save yourself time money and future frustrations trying to fix this LG Kenmore.