Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WRT519SZDM05 not freezing ice completely  (Read 266 times)

Offline Travls

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WRT519SZDM05 not freezing ice completely
« on: July 01, 2022, 07:41:21 AM »

I have noticed my ice trays sometimes do not freeze completely and was wondering if a part is going bad. The refrigerator is only a couple years old. The condenser coils are clean and there is no frost build up. I am using ice cube trays not an ice maker. The issue happens rarely but I have noticed I will fill up the trays and the ice is frozen on the outside but still liquid inside after 8+ hours. If I kick the temperature up to max it starts blowing air in the freezer. Then I put it to recommended and it will work normally for a while but then the issue starts up again. Does this model have a defrost timer or do these newer models not have them?

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool WRT519SZDM05 not freezing ice completely
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 08:52:56 AM »
Should have a Tech sheet somewhere there possibly underneath the upper hinge cover are possibly up underneath behind the toekick .put unit in diagnostic mode. I would suspect a faulty thermistor.