Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Door on fridge not lined up nor closing properly  (Read 273 times)

Offline edee_em

• VIP Member
Door on fridge not lined up nor closing properly
« on: June 25, 2022, 04:38:11 PM »

Hi
I have a Kenmore Elite 106.53603202 side by side refrigerator. The fridge side door is not closing properly and some times pops open when I open and close the freezer door. The seal seams fine (magnet still magnetic), the fridge is level side to side and back to front. In the attached pic you can see the bottom left of the door is proud of the freezer side door and not in contact with the frame of the fridge. I also noticed that the top of the fridge door is about a 1/4" lower than the freezer door. Any ideas as to what could be causing this and is there a fix. Thanks

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
Re: Door on fridge not lined up nor closing properly
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 02:58:55 PM »
could be the cam on the hinge...they are plastic and sometimes wear out or crack. There is usually one on the hinge and one on the door.

also could be shelves or food keeping it from closing. I would remove everything from the door and/or inside the refrigerator and test the door as you go. it will take about half an hour but you can clean it while you are at it. if door closes properly, start replacing shelves and you are done.