Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Avanti DG241BS oven thermostat-substitute, refurbish?  (Read 192 times)

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
Avanti DG241BS oven thermostat-substitute, refurbish?
« on: June 19, 2022, 10:25:45 AM »

Unfortunately given the premium for under and oversized models, Avanti has discontinued parts support for this 24" range. So the thermostat (Avanti #066150) is no longer available although echos of it promising to supply are on the internet but none with any actual stock i can find.

Admittedly, it is over 20 years old, but I have 80 year old ranges working still and Avanti had an attrative mid to upmarket approach with a waist high broiler and focus on stylish narrow ranges that convinced me to buy several of these brand new perhaps 22 or 23 years ago.

And while I can get someone to rebuild the thermostat for my 1928 Glenwood that is close to celebrating a century, I seem pretty much marooned with this unit unless someone knows any concern refurbishing 20 year old controls, or perhaps there are some threading conventions and common thermostat geometries that would allow me to substitute an alternative control, and/or I can troll the internet for a used replacement,  if there is reason to hope that the early failure of one does not indicate a likely failure of a used replacement part.

I am swapping another stove into this location, but before I scrap the Avanti wanted to look into this a little more seriously as it is otherwise fine, and i was buying hinges and other parts for these stoves with the last couple years. It never occurred to me that I had bought near the end of a 'dead end' run such that the parts for these stoves would become unobtainable so quickly.

thanks for any help/knowledge out there.

brian