Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Water/ice dispensers on LG LNXC23726S side-by-side refrigerator stopped working  (Read 267 times)

Offline jjoIV

• VIP Member

Problem:
I often hear internal activity (solenoid?) when I press the front dispenser lever but nothing comes out on any setting Cubed/Water/Crushed.

Efforts to identity the problem:
I've downloaded the LG Service Manual (thanks ApplianceJunk!) and watched several topic-related DIY videos.
I've checked the causes most frequently associated with this problem but none applied.
I don't know exactly how water is routed to the dispenser but I don't think the line is blocked before the water filter because pressing the dispenser lever pressurizes the water filter with water if installed empty.

Suspected cause:
My best guess is that the micro switch attached to the dispenser lever has failed.
That should be easy to test (temporarily short the inputs) once I know how to access it, but I don't know how.

Request for help:
How does one get access to and remove the dispenser lever micro switch on my particular LG refrigerator (LNXC23726S)?
Of course, I'm not yet sure this is the cause of the problem so I also welcome other suggestions for how to get the front dispenser working again.

Thanks,

jjo