Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Corroded Wire in Kenmore Oven Mark 3 I think  (Read 369 times)

Offline Mark30

• VIP Member
Corroded Wire in Kenmore Oven Mark 3 I think
« on: May 28, 2022, 02:27:59 PM »

Hello Everyone, This may be an easy question for the pros who know old school ovens before control boards. I have a Kenmore Oven from 1985. It was working fine until I have run into wire corrosion at the female blade connectors. I managed to fix most of issues except one.
There is a wire hanging from the BK spade connector on the back of the thermostat temp selector. It's along wire and I can find where is broke loose from. The bake element is no longer working but was working fine until wire came loose. It's the one connected on the bottom right of switch. Marked BK. Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline Mark30

• VIP Member
Re: Corroded Wire in Kenmore Oven Mark 3 I think
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 02:33:53 PM »
Error in post: Should read "can't find where end of wire broke loose from.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
Re: Corroded Wire in Kenmore Oven Mark 3 I think
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 07:28:43 AM »
Hi,

I believe BK stands for Bake so it would have to do with the bake element. It could possible run the a thermo fuse before going to the bake element. Just something you would have to physically trace down.

Let us know if you have any other questions and please keep us posted as to what you end up finding.