Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Haier HCR2250AGS no oven adjustment for LP conversion?  (Read 275 times)

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
Haier HCR2250AGS no oven adjustment for LP conversion?
« on: June 19, 2022, 09:44:20 AM »

I've had propane conversions that include an LP orifice for the oven (and broiler if separate) and I've had ones that only have orifices for burners and feature an air intake/venturi adjustment for oven (and broiler). (or course with regulator adjustment as well, almost always consisting of reversing the pin that engages the regulator diaphraghm assembly)

The installation manual for this stove details the LP conversion with no adjustment whatsoever to the oven and broiler burner assemblies. I'm assuming that the air entranement design must be sensitive enough to maintain a mixture and heat value across the range of NG and LP pressures? I'm kind of surprised that the manual doesn't have a line indicating that no adjustment to over burners is required or something of that sort. I'm proceeding on that assumption since none is called for but I have to admit i'm minorly perplexed so headed here to see if anyone is familiar with this model or this sort of design.

thanks, brian

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
Re: Haier HCR2250AGS no oven adjustment for LP conversion?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 11:51:19 AM »
In the answering my own question department: the LP conversion parts bag contains two extra orifices that are larger than the burner callouts which are , vaguely, in a similar ratio smaller than the extant NG orifices in oven and brouler so im the going to asse i ahould change these as well even though it is completely ignored in the manual!

Offline archibald tuttle

• Technician
Re: Haier HCR2250AGS no oven adjustment for LP conversion?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 02:06:59 PM »
Although I think i've got the oven orifice question figured out, I'm still trying to figure out how to pull the bottom cover(s) off this stove. not sure why they didn't go with a narrow draw, but the stainless cover that would have been the draw front has some kind of hidden engagement with brackets that are secured by screws that are actually screwed outward from within the stove. I can't tell if you are just supposed to pull really hard or lift or press down on the cover in order to get it to release from the brackets.

this is critical if you drop any of the pieces from changing the orifices in the oven as there are so many holes in the divider between the oven and this blind bottom space, i can tell you from experience that screws, orifices, etc. are heading down there.

Fortunately I only dropped steel screws and was able to use a magnet on a wand to retrieve them, but seems ridiculous that you can't get the front cover for this space off.

thanks for any insite.