Sorry for a long post
I am new hear and trying to seek guidance.
I have a Whirlpool WTW6300DW0 washer.
A month ago, the washer started having problems completing a wash.
The timer keeps extending the runtime.
The agitator will not move even though I can hear the motor moving under the spin basket
I have done numerous troubleshooting.
- Wash Plate removed, cleaned the surrounding & the wash plate gear & also replaced with a new wash plate
- Wash Basket removed, cleaned the basket and gear that spins the basket
Found mildew and dirt after the top 2 removals. Did not find any clogged garment or large debris that can cause or prevent the agitator to move. After reassembled, did a test wash and the same problem.
Next set of troubleshooting, took apart the Motor cover with the magnets, Stator, and even the Transmission/Gear Case & assembly (from the wash tub).
- Motor cover appears in good condition, magnets are all in placed
- Stator coils looks in good condition, and coils intact, also measured the resistant between the stator contacts (9.6 - 9.8 ohms)
- Transmission/Gear Case, appears intact and no leakage. Looking from the bottom, the Inner Gear does turn the Agitator Gear, the Outer Gear does turn the Spin Basket Gear. Turning by hand did not yield grinding sound. Seem normal
- Replaced the clutch (thinking that this is the culprit that prevents engaging the agitator or spin gears)
After reassembled, did a test wash.
Initially appeared promising. The agitator rotated and Wash basket spun at low speed before the water started flowing.
Then the same problem occurred. The timer took a long time and extended a few times.
After the count down to 20+ mins, I hear the bottom motor moving, the Wash basket did vibrate when the motor moved. BUT the agitator did not move. Looks like the agitator gear did not engage again. If I waited further, I suspect the spin will not engage too.
Before I start replacing more components, any suggestions?
Do I have a failed Transmission/Gear Case?
Do I have a failed control board?
Pump seems fine as water seems to be extracted and drained during the long waiting period
Apologize for the long post. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated