Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen top load washer mpdel AWN43RSN115TW01  (Read 170 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Speed Queen top load washer mpdel AWN43RSN115TW01
« on: April 27, 2022, 11:53:32 AM »

I was given the above unit for possible repair due to a small water leak. The leak at the underside of the wash basket along the shaft is about one cup of water during a typical wash cycle according to the previous owner. Before I start to tear it apart I decided to run a small load of clothes thru it . I set the controls for regular cycle , used cold water. and started things in motion. After the lid locked it started to oscillate the wash basket as normal but it made a  signficant chirping noise every time the motor reversed direction. The belt looks good. As it progressed thru the cycle the chirp was evident iutil it got to the spin postion. The noise disappeard but I am asking other techs if the have seen or heard this from this model washer and what the problem was  ? HELP

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Speed Queen top load washer mpdel AWN43RSN115TW01
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 12:59:50 PM »
Upon the advice of the Speed queen factory the belt was removed  to check for bearing or belt  noise. Unfortunately the unit will not start a cycle unless the belt is in place  as far as I can tell . I put the belt back in place and started the unit up again with no clothes in the basket and the noise did NOT reappear. There is some black dirt at the bottom of the bearing area of the motor. The belt is in good condition. I suspect the bearing is a cheaper type than used in the older design Speed Queen models and will not last as long . Any other comments ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 01:40:11 PM »
Further info from the factory confirmed that the unit needs the belt in place to operate for any diagnostic work, Also the water on the belt from the shaft leak will likely cause the belt problem and chirping noise and it will get worse as time goes on.

Offline tasvest

• VIP Member
  • 302-430-9696
    • Owner
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 04:01:20 PM »
Going to need seal Kit 766p3a And Sealant 200996p Had Few Already Just Chirping noise no leaks
Also you might want to check serial # the SQ Have 3 5 or 7year warranty

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 04:30:20 PM »
Thanks for the info. Speed Queen extended the warranty to me and sent a bunch of free parts.