Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Duet gas dryer model WGD8300SW!  (Read 237 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Whirlpool Duet gas dryer model WGD8300SW!
« on: April 15, 2022, 02:57:40 PM »

I was given this dryer today for possibile repair or scrap When it is plugged in and turned on the drum will not turn and a code F1 appears in the window. A slight click is heard in the ECU box also but nothing else happens. The belt is OK and the filter is not clogged. Any suggestions as to the problem area. Also where is the thermal fuse located on this model dryer  ?

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
Re: Whirlpool Duet gas dryer model WGD8300SW!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 03:29:42 PM »
Hi Thorning!

The thermal fuse is located behind that access panel that is below the door on that model.

As a side note our notification emails and new member registration emails seem to have not been working for the last several weeks.
I have made some correction and it looks like everything should be back up and working again.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 08:05:17 AM »
Iíd check the back of the ecu for a burn mark on the motor relay joint. Thatís usually the bad part of those whirlpools. Only other things that lie in the motor circuit of that gas dryer is door and belt switch. All sensors and fuses are in the heater circuit of gas.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 08:42:52 AM »
Thanks. The unit was scrapped instead.