Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Gtan4250d2ww  (Read 193 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Gtan4250d2ww
« on: April 14, 2022, 02:50:02 AM »

This washer will fill only half full regardless of the water level setting,also on auto setting.how  can I make it fill more water?
Can it be the control board?please help!

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Gtan4250d2ww
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 03:07:10 AM »
I went back to the customer's home and did more test.I found out the water level was responding to the setting,from very low level to half according to the setting,although the highest level was only half full.my question is,should I replace the water level selector or the pressure switch with the air tubing and bellow. when I disconnected the air tube from the bellow,the water kept coming .should I replace the bellow or the selector switch?

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 08:39:50 AM »
Id check the air dome for flashing. Or if its the rubber kind, look for flappy rubber inside hole thing and remove.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 10:57:05 PM »
Ok  ,I never suspect the flashing,this brings back GE did mention about flashing,maybe for another model .I will find out anything like that.Thank you,pnwdad.