Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung electric dryer model DV42 H 5200EW  (Read 205 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Samsung electric dryer model DV42 H 5200EW
« on: March 17, 2022, 07:52:55 AM »

I have been given the above model dryer at scrap price for possible repair.
The problem as described is that the rear drum seal is damaged and leaves black streaks on clothes . In checking the Appliance Parts pros web site it looks like this drum seal is only available as part of the drum or the rear bulkhead which makes it very expensive to repair IF it can be purchased separate. Can anyone shed some light on this as regards the supply situation and if it can be purchased what kind of glue is necessary to install it ? Help

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Samsung electric dryer model DV42 H 5200EW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 12:30:11 PM »
This dryer was dismantled and checked for worn or damaged parts. The rear drum seal was not damaged much but the rear RH drum support roller was destroyed and the support shaft for it was hanging loose in the rear bulkhead. This assembly was replaced with alternate parts from  an older machine, The idler roller was also seized on its shaft. The complete assembly was replaced with an older spare part. The dryer was reassembled and now works properly.