Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag electric dryer model PYE4500AYW with s/n 10715491AG  (Read 362 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Maytag electric dryer model PYE4500AYW with s/n 10715491AG
« on: March 02, 2022, 10:24:11 AM »

I was given this dryer for possible repair by a friend who said it did not heat. I dismantled the heating coil and thermal fuse  and found the thermal fuse blown. This is one of the worst designs I have come across from Maytag in terms of access. The thermal fuse is in the side of the heater  and it is very tiny. It is also fairly expensive to replace. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative part to replace this item?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag electric dryer model PYE4500AYW with s/n 10715491AG
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 11:37:38 AM »
After a check of alternatives for this thermal fuse I was able to put a W-Pool item in the side of the heater to replace the original item . This was p/n  WP40113801. The Maytag design allowed this item to be installed using two screw holes not previously utilized. It is not a perfect fit but will provide the safety feature needed.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag electric dryer model PYE4500AYW with s/n 10715491AG
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 08:56:14 AM »
Yesterday I sold this dryer to a customer who had bought another  similar unit from me a few months back. He is using an electric dryer to dry brass from  bullet/ shells  he reloads. Presumably  it works but it makes a heck of a mess of the internal surfaces of the drum. Some of the shell casings eventually end up  falling down into the interior . They are mostly 45 caliber in size but some other smaller sizes. This is a new idea and wondered if any of you folks have ever  heard of this  use of a dryer ?