Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LEA30AW AMANA electric dryer  (Read 270 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
LEA30AW AMANA electric dryer
« on: February 25, 2022, 09:50:24 AM »

I was given this dryer by a friend  for possible repair 2 days ago. It would rotate the drum properly but did not provide any heat. I dismantled the unit and found a VERY large amount of lint inside. The thermal fuse was open which I expected but the dangerous item I found inside was several large caliber rifle bullets in firing condition.. Once in a great while I find a 22 caliber bullet in a dryer but these bullets were large caliber probably 30 caliber rifle type bullets. With the amount of burnt lint inside I am surprised that one of these bullets did not fire.  Has anyone found this situation in a dryer ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: LEA30AW AMANA electric dryer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 03:26:29 PM »
For the benefit of others who occasionally  remove a drum in the process of cleaning out a lot of lint from the bottom of the dryer I quite often remove the baffles also. The baffles usually have some lint down inside them and sometimes coins. The coins will make a noise when the drum is rotating and cannot be traced to any other cause. . The coins  found inside them is always interesting  since theoretically  there is no easy way for the coins to enter. !