Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Dryer starts and immediately shuts off!!!  (Read 321 times)

Offline johnnyo36

• VIP Member
Dryer starts and immediately shuts off!!!
« on: February 12, 2022, 06:16:43 PM »

Dryer turns on and when i press start, the drum starts to turn and immediately and abruptly shuts off. 
A click sound heard is from the control board.

Belt looks good.  Drum does spin, with pressure, with and without the belt on.

Anyone experience this before?

Whirlpool duet dryer WED75HEFW0

Offline luck

• Technician
Re: Dryer starts and immediately shuts off!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 11:52:07 AM »
make sure vent is clear  remove from back and run dryer see if it makes a diference could also be bad thermostat look inside dryer on right side grid see if
  its plugged with lint

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Dryer starts and immediately shuts off!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 10:17:21 PM »
You could try and put it diagnostics and run it manually to see if it still shuts off abruptly. I think itís unit off no lights, hold add time up and down then press power. You can cycle the tests with start. Might have a bad motor if itís split phase and itís stuck in start windings too causing motor to over heat. Simple test for that is start it, let it die, donít touch any buttons! then wait five minutes and itís thermal overload will reset then itíll start again and die. That would be a bad motor.
🌲PNW Chris🌲