Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Identification of a Maytag dryer model number  (Read 529 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Identification of a Maytag dryer model number
« on: February 08, 2022, 08:52:59 AM »

I was recently given a Maytag electric dryer for possible repair that was possibly repaired or repair was attempted by a previous owner. The unit was diagnosed and repaired as the problem was a thermal fuse. The drum also had a tumbler paddle missing which I replaced with a  similar spare I had in my junk box. The face section where the ID tag is normally located was replaced  with a new one by a previous person and although I was able to repair the electrical problem easily I would like to be able to identify this unit for a future owner. The data sheet inside the control panel has no model number on it. It has a number on the bottom  which is 6 3401260. This is a fairly new dryer of 27" width and the face of the control panel has a timer knob/control,  a start button, and a temperature selector knob. It also has the designation  "Commercial Quality"/Super Capacity/QUIET SERIES/ AUTO DRY CONTROL/7 CYCLES. If anyone can help identify this model it would be appreciated.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Identification of a Maytag dryer model number
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 10:48:37 PM »
Simple solution. Pull the part number from the timer since that should be close to model specific then go here https://www.reliableparts.com/ plug in the part number, click the link to see what models it fits them copy those and look at the consoles😊
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Identification of a Maytag dryer model number
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 07:32:31 AM »
Thanks for the tip. Looks like the model is MDE2600AYW.