Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 110.27132411 Washing Machine leaving stains  (Read 820 times)

Offline iblackford

• VIP Member
Kenmore 110.27132411 Washing Machine leaving stains
« on: February 07, 2022, 09:24:00 AM »

Hi All,

I have a Kenmore 110.27132411 washing machine that is leaving stains on the clothes when it washes. This a whirlpool (equivalent model number unknown) agitator-less top load. On other whirlpool models, there is a filter kit that can be cleaned/replaced to address staining issues. Is there something equivalent that I can be replaced on this screen?

If not, what are some other things to check? i'm not familiar with this particular model, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Kenmore 110.27132411 Washing Machine leaving stains
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 02:04:59 PM »
If itís black/ brown stains itís probably the scum and grime built up behind the basket on the tub walls and under the wash plate. I call it washer jelly. Itís a gelatinous substance that releases periodically onto the clothes then the dryer sets it. Only way to fix it is to pluck the basket out of that tub and wash everything with bleach otherwise youíll never fix your issue. If it has a clean washer cycle forget that it wonít fix your issue either once itís gone that far but then you can do that once a month after you have done the deep cleaning and that will help with special tablets a fresh is good.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline iblackford

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 02:12:29 PM »
This is good news, but this model looks a little tricky to disassemble the washplate on, there are some plastic covers that I'm worried I will damage when I try to disassemble it.

Does this model have an equivalent whirlpool model number, and perhaps some disassembly instructions?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 11:50:32 PM »
Hereís a video for basically same as yours but top might come off different. This is how to replace a gear case so stop at basket pull lol. https://youtu.be/TmOz1kWNwv4
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 11:55:11 PM »
PS those parts heís removing out of that basket come off that easy for you any of them consider yourself very lucky that was all trick photography lol
🌲PNW Chris🌲