Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung washer wf42h5200sp/a2  (Read 371 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Samsung washer wf42h5200sp/a2
« on: February 03, 2022, 09:38:03 PM »

This washer is only 2 years old.When no load in, it spins fast and quiet.But when ever a small load in it,it thumps loudly and repeatedly goes back to 13inutes after it went down to 9 minutes.I am thinking about replacing the spider and the beating.How much time I should charge for replacing this bearing and spider?

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Samsung washer wf42h5200sp/a2
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 10:18:29 PM »
I have not replaced a spider or bearing before,so I don't know how much time it takes and how much I should charge.A brand new washer costs$1200 in Canada

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 02:20:21 PM »
We would charge around $500-800. As you’ll need a new back tub plus tub seal as you don’t want to reseat a new shaft Old seals or you’re just asking for water leaks it is a big job you might want to pass on it but if not make sure you also order all six screws with that new spider as if you can get the old screws out in one piece you will have a one and 1 million shot and she buy a lotto ticket. And just a suggestion and let maybe you might be able to find just the rear tub seal and bearings so you can replace them instead of the whole back tub but I would either call Samsung or go on Samsung website to get your part numbers as other places including google might supply you what looks like to be the right part but when you get the actual tub you will notice that maybe a port isn’t open like it should or is open and it shouldn’t be because they use universal tubs with several parts per tub that is why we specialize in Samsung repairs and no other company around here will touch them lol And of course the other Tub seal I’m referring to is the big round one that connects the two tubs together that you will have to replace as well but if that spider is in fact broken it probably is grinding into that rear tub anyways which you will want to replace. And also be forewarned that yes you can replace just the spider but when the spiders break at high speed the basket itself might have warped itself so when you get it all back together and the basket lip is weaving in and out of that door boot well you’re screwed
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 02:25:15 PM by Pnwdad1981 »
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 10:59:56 AM »
I was going to reply to your suggestions earlier.I got distracted.I went back with shocks ready to change them.I found out the wire holder for the direct drive motor,the hall sensor and other wires fell down and flapping on the tub,broke some wires.so I re installed the holder,fixed the wires,the shaking is gone.The important job was to move the washer out to check the back.This is the second time I saw the wire holder broken off.your suggestions were really useful,the quotations are difficult to make because other parts may be needed.