Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag SDE515DAYW it seems type heater the wire will overheat what the cause?  (Read 349 times)

Offline mdniswan50

• Technician

This type of heater seems to happen to.The dryer works fine.Where can you find those 5/16 wire spades in case one of the wires burns off.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
I find this wire and its terminal burned quite often also. According to another source that size Faston terminal is available but it may require a large quantity to be purchased from a supplier and I cannot provide the name of such supplier but a google search may help. I always try to keep old wire harness parts in my junk box for this problem but I dont have any at present.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
If you buy the fuse kit that wire is included!

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
Part # 279816 Fuse Kit

That terminal is a SPECIAL SIZE - If burn't - it burns for a reason - typically a LOOSE SPADE CONNECTION - You can get by grinding down the terminal on the heating element with a DREMEL to make it fit. My Appliance House makes those wires "IN HOUSE". I know I posted part # on these Terminals and where to find them but they come on a Coil and need to be crimped and soldered to use correctly.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
I have that dryer and what a great dryer! Mine did that too. If you have a scrap yard close by see if you can snip some off a scrap dryer. All dryers use the 5/16. You can also visit an ace hardware and buy singles but their usually for hvac and unless you have a ratchet style crimping tool put some safety glasses on cause I snapped normal crispers on those due to thickness of collars lol.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline mdniswan50

• Technician
Replace the heater and cycling thermostat.Coming out the vent 183 then goes down to 143.Inside the drum is too hot to touch,I also reach in the motor was super hot.I thinking the motor is the problem.