Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchenaid Kdte404dss0 not heating realiably  (Read 405 times)

Offline Deadpool

• VIP Member
Kitchenaid Kdte404dss0 not heating realiably
« on: January 27, 2022, 01:12:43 PM »

Oků
Hi!
Growing frustrated with this thing.
Was told the computer was bad so I replaced it, the issues persist.

The heater seems to rub sometimes, sometimes it does not. I tried a hi temp wash, the water never got to 150 degrees it should have. My dmm reveals 95 when it was half way done. I can tell it is just lunkewarm from the tap.

The heater did run once today, I burnt my fingee when inspecting the temp. Tried again and nothing.

Is there is a thermostat somewhere that is causing this behaviour? Both computers do the exact same thing so it gotta be something else.

Was also told to disconnect the fan, which I did, and no difference. The fan does work when plugged in.
With the previous computer the error code (blinking lights) were random and changed after wvery test. Have not tested with the new computer
I did run a test, I was told it would reset the computer - and that seemed to work once but did not record the lights.

Anyway, what else can I check. The heater does work because I burnt my finger on it lol so it is not that, new computer so what else can I check?