Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG LFX31945ST/06 Fridge Compressor Failure - Software Jig (Universal Compressor)  (Read 380 times)

Offline LG-Refrigerators-Suck

• VIP Member

This question concerns the PCB software update required for installation of LG's universal compressor with red stripe (LG compressor model TCA38151706).  Installers are supposed to use software rewriter jig tool #CJT30000002 to update the PCB board for acceptance of the new compressor.  I have seen different software versions for this tool, including versions 8.3 and 8.5 and 8.9.  Anybody know the difference between these software versions, and whether a person can update the jig to the latest version available?  Also, anybody know what the main differences are between these versions, and whether specific versions are paired to specific refrigerators or compressors?

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
No differences. Some boards couldnít be rewritten so thatís where the updates came in. And even older boards sometimes need replaced to new versions if it canít be flashed with newest updated jigs.
🌲PNW Chris🌲