Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch SHP7PT55UC/07 "Add Salt" and "Add Rinse" lights stopped working  (Read 923 times)

Offline edee_em

• VIP Member

Hi. Hope everyone is well.

The display on this unit works fine for everything else except the two warnings for adding salt and rinse aid. They are not lighting. Also, there are no error codes displaying.

We went a long time without an add-salt indicator/warning (compared to earlier times). I checked and there was no salt in the reservoir so it definitely needed salt. Not sure why that light stopped working. Is it the light, a cable, the softener, something else?

The rinse-aid issue was noticed before the salt. I believe there is an issue with rinse aid dispensing as the dishes aren't really drying that well. Earlier I had noticed rinse-aid dribbling down the front door (inside unit) and some sticky residue on the dishes at the front of the bottom rack directly below the dispenser. I flipped the seal  on the rinse aid dispenser door and that stopped the dribbling but it may have stopped the rinse-aid coming out altogether. My guess is that with the rinse aid not dispensing, the light, as designed, wouldn't come on. Thoughts?

These are two separate things (rinse aid and salt aren't connected in any way, are they?) that kind of went bad at the same time or is something else happening? The dishwasher was purchased and installed August 2016. Thanks

Offline edee_em

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch SHP7PT55UC/07 "Add Salt" and "Add Rinse" lights stopped working
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 12:50:31 PM »
Opened up the unit to physically check the dispenser. Noticed one of the cables that should have been attached to the dispenser (bottom right hand side looking at dispenser from door side) was not attached. Reattached and the Add Rinse aid light lit. Don't know about the Add salt light yet but will look for that. Problem solved. :D