Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Gtw485bmk1ws  (Read 466 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Gtw485bmk1ws
« on: January 15, 2022, 11:11:12 AM »

This washer when any cycle started,with any water temp,water only come in for only one second and stopped.I heard some clunking(probably motor start and stop)also heard the mode shifter continuously turning never stopped.After 4 minutes,it started draining,then completely stopped.I cannot get it to fill more water.I replaced the lid lock,the strike,and the control board.They did not solve the problem.Actually it was worse with the new parts in place.The diagnostic procedure did not work.Please help!
I spent many hours trying to identify the problem.For now,why did the mode shifter keep turning?

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Gtw485bmk1ws
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 08:53:19 PM »
I'm not getting any hits for the model number you listed but that looks like a General Electric number.  Have you checked out the mini manual that's (supposed to be) in the control console?

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 11:22:34 PM »
The he site has this model,although no parts for the tub,
Motor or any parts under the tub are shown.The obvious problem with this is the mode shifter stopped for only
1 second and move again,do no chance for the clutch or the water valve to work.why did the mode shifter not staying,?

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 11:57:04 PM »
Mode shifter probably canít find positions. Iíd replace that if it were me. Sounds like you solved the problem and donít know it😊
🌲PNW Chris🌲