Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Old Maytag dryer model number LDE410 with s/n 329375  (Read 134 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Old Maytag dryer model number LDE410 with s/n 329375
« on: January 10, 2022, 05:30:43 AM »

I was given this unit as scrap since the motor was bound up. It had a few other minor problems but was in very nice clean condition. When I took it apart the motor was really bound up in its bearings bad. After removal  I put  it in my vice in a vertical position and slowly added penetrating oil into the bearings  while attempting to rotate the frame. After much work on the bearings on both ends it came unglued and I was able to free it up. These old Maytag units are tough as nails even with a few drawbacks they last a long time. Can anyone provide some info as to the age of this unit ?

Offline HerbG

• Technician
Re: Old Maytag dryer model number LDE410 with s/n 329375
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 08:25:46 AM »
This dryer was built approximately 40 years ago. If you can add the last 2 letters of the serial number I can give you the year and month of production. The "10" series laundry was produced in the early 80's.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Old Maytag dryer model number LDE410 with s/n 329375
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 06:44:35 AM »
Even with a few small design problems I will continue to rebuild these every chance I get.