Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator LED lights do not light  (Read 93 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator LED lights do not light
« on: January 11, 2022, 07:55:53 PM »

Hello, I'm working on a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator that the LED lights do not come on. The Model No. is 106.41153211.  The LEDs on the master light module located on the ceiling of the fresh food section blink on & off rapidly and very dimly. I get 120 volts on the plug of that module and I replaced it with a new one (Part no: WPW10515058).  The lights came on one time and that was it.  I know the other two lights (one is under the crisper drawer and the other is in the freezer) are in series off the master so I tried to ohm them out with my meter but I get no reading.  If you know how I can check these out, please let me know.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator LED lights do not light
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 04:45:17 AM »
Most likely it's the master in the upper right fresh food but it also could be one of the slaves 1 in the bottom fresh food or 1 in the freezer.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator LED lights do not light
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 08:28:10 PM »
Thanks but I was hoping someone would be able to tell me how to check them out so I don't have to buy them to try them.  I already replaced the master at the top of the refrigerator.  If I have to I'll pick up one of the slave lights and try it.  Thanks for your help.