Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore washer trouble in agitation  (Read 96 times)

Offline Mingmen

• VIP Member
Kenmore washer trouble in agitation
« on: January 09, 2022, 08:43:26 PM »

Kenmore washer trouble in agitation
Kenmore 70 series; 110.20722990
Unit is having trouble in agitation. All of a sudden it does not fully move around, but only haltingly with what sounds like a switch going on and off. I have replaced the dogs before and it is attempting to move forward but it sounds like it encounters some kind of fault and halts it forward movement. There is a loud switching noise like it is attempting to advance but it just immediately gives up and then tries again.
Does this make any sense? It is difficult to describe this halting and hesitant attempt at agitation.

Offline Mingmen

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore washer trouble in agitation
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 12:24:27 AM »
Upon further investigation this happens in the spin cycle also. Quickly switching on and off and not gaining enough momentum to achieve actual spin of the drum. Quick audible click on and off.
Letting the unit rest for awhile and then coming back it did start agitating as normal for a few seconds and then resumed the quick on and off switching experienced in both agitation and spin cycles,