Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: ALG230RAW Amana gas dryer with sn S 0003134478  (Read 94 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
ALG230RAW Amana gas dryer with sn S 0003134478
« on: January 05, 2022, 02:38:07 PM »

The above model gas dryer was turned over to me for possible repair. The previous owner complained that it was not running very smooth and making a screeching noise when the drum was turning . Heating was OK and the belt was in good shape.  The drum rollers were also in good shape as was the idler roller.. When the drum was taken out it was noted that one of the front drum glides (the RH side  ) was worn and  was allowing the drum to rub on the blower housing. The LH side glide was still in good condition. The glide is actually a 2 piece arrangement with a felt spacer under the Teflon glide. I have seen this wear pattern quite a few times in the past and always keep a few pieces of these parts in my spare parts box. As this unit is probably over 20 years old it is a decent amount of life as compared to other vendors products. Some other repair personnel may wish to take a look at this item when repairing  a unit since the drum would probably be taken out anyhow. This drum design from Amana and Speed Queen  allows the drum to be reversed also to use a non worn area  in contact with the glides if necessary .