Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: fridge repair , new compressor , pipes joined / left open  (Read 728 times)

Offline Coldsteel

• VIP Member
fridge repair , new compressor , pipes joined / left open
« on: December 30, 2021, 01:42:40 PM »

hi guys , I just had my fridge repaired , the guy replaced the compressor , and I just have a few questions because he "rerouted / joined some pipes and left some other pipes just open. so I have a few questions as to if this was done correctly ?  Also the fridge has been running all day long on its lowest setting and the compressor does not switch off , it gets to 8 dec C but not lower than that .

In the pictures are the before and after , I have circled my concerns. There are 2 pipes on the right that go into the fridge that have been cut off and are now just open , and on the radiator , in the middle , 2 pipes have been joined , whereas before they were connected via a straight pipe .

So was this done correctly ? , and what are the 2 pipes on the right and where do they go , what purpose do they serve ?

Offline Coldsteel

• VIP Member
Re: fridge repair , new compressor , pipes joined / left open
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 01:48:56 PM »
edit: It is a fridge  / freezer , with the fridge on top and the freezer below , total capacity is 480 liters.

Offline Cascade

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 11:47:13 AM »
Looks like whomever replaced the compressor took out the drain pan heater and in fact removed the pan altogether. I would get the company/person back to check pressures.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 07:17:37 PM »
Omg! Do I think I see what I think I see? Besides no drain pan if is a frost free so water would run on top of your compressor it looks like the dumb S connected the condenser coils from high on comp right back to low side on comp and the dryers is floating in the air by the cap tube which is also going right back to the drier! Your tech must have been on crack! Basically right now assuming he didn’t close off the tubes with solder which I’m sure he did your refrigerant is just leaving your comp and going back in. And if that’s the case that comp is going to be dead now anyways most likely from liquid flowing back instead of vapor. I’m sorry dude.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 07:18:57 PM by Pnwdad1981 »
🌲PNW Chris🌲