Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: fridge repair , new compressor , pipes joined / left open  (Read 119 times)

Offline Coldsteel

• VIP Member
fridge repair , new compressor , pipes joined / left open
« on: December 30, 2021, 01:42:40 PM »

hi guys , I just had my fridge repaired , the guy replaced the compressor , and I just have a few questions because he "rerouted / joined some pipes and left some other pipes just open. so I have a few questions as to if this was done correctly ?  Also the fridge has been running all day long on its lowest setting and the compressor does not switch off , it gets to 8 dec C but not lower than that .

In the pictures are the before and after , I have circled my concerns. There are 2 pipes on the right that go into the fridge that have been cut off and are now just open , and on the radiator , in the middle , 2 pipes have been joined , whereas before they were connected via a straight pipe .

So was this done correctly ? , and what are the 2 pipes on the right and where do they go , what purpose do they serve ?

Offline Coldsteel

• VIP Member
Re: fridge repair , new compressor , pipes joined / left open
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 01:48:56 PM »
edit: It is a fridge  / freezer , with the fridge on top and the freezer below , total capacity is 480 liters.