Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WRB322DMBB Freezer is cold, Fridge not.  (Read 205 times)

Offline rk396

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WRB322DMBB Freezer is cold, Fridge not.
« on: December 28, 2021, 08:54:37 AM »

We bought this unit in 2019 and a day ago it started to make the following noise:

~every 10 minutes there's a
- compressor and blower turn off
- click
- a loud hum for ~5-6 seconds
- click
- then a short time later the compressor and blower come back on.

my understanding is that this sequence is fairly normal. I'm thinking that the click and hum is supposed to be the de-icing of the condenser. And it seems that this isn't working correctly and the ice blockage is causing the air flow to not get up into the refrigeration portion.

any thoughts or help would be greatly apprectiated.

thanks

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool WRB322DMBB Freezer is cold, Fridge not.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
Could be the start device on the side of the compressor that you are hearing. Could be the start device is faulty and needs to be replaced or the compressor itself is bad. Good luck

Offline rk396

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool WRB322DMBB Freezer is cold, Fridge not.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 01:08:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply. The compressor starts and is running (it's vibrating and slightly warm). Also the freezer portion of the unit is working fine.