Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag washer model MVWB865GWO random slow fill  (Read 314 times)

Offline BigBear

• VIP Member
Maytag washer model MVWB865GWO random slow fill
« on: December 15, 2021, 08:47:48 AM »

Our Maytag washer randomly goes into a slow fill cycle where it allows water to flow for a few seconds then stops, flows a few seconds and then stops. During this time the wash time on the display also changes. No error codes show on the display while this is occurring either.

I have monitored voltage to the water valve coils and the power is being turned on and off so believe water valve is fine but not positive of this.

I have checked resistance on the four water valve coils and they all check out. Not sure how accurately you can check 115 VAC coils though since they have a bridge rectifier in them to make voltage DC for the coils to operate.

I have cleaned the inlet screens on the water valve.

Any suggestions on what else I can test?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Maytag washer model MVWB865GWO random slow fill
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 07:30:23 AM »
Any chance you just changed your fill hoses with Stainless Steel Flood Proof hoses? If so switch back to Rubber Hoses. Or if that's not the case remove the filter screens on the back of the fill valves - pull of with small needle nose pliers run a load and see if that fixes it. Do you have Well Water???

Let us know what you find.