Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Washer - MHW6630HC0 - not spinning - Troubleshooting 007  (Read 454 times)

Offline scanline

• VIP Member
Maytag Washer - MHW6630HC0 - not spinning - Troubleshooting 007
« on: December 14, 2021, 12:29:29 PM »

I have a Maytag washer  MHW6630HC0 , that has no error codes!   and passes all tests except for spinning! 007

I have followed the service manual diagnostic tests and tracked it all in a google doc here -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HpG3Q1xzzoqaAVXAf2UEDjqfrIAhRVVt8onNe-pXorc

Everything has passed it's tests! Crazyness, Including, taking out the ACU and visually checking all the capacitors for bulges top side and bottom side.

Can someone please help me stop this madness,  anybody have experience with this issue?   (fyi there is no position sensor on this model)

See my google doc for all the steps I've done or the pdf I attached is the same thing.

Offline bemurph

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag Washer - MHW6630HC0 - not spinning - Troubleshooting 007
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 06:22:06 PM »
Iím having what sounds like the exact same problem with that washer and it started a little over a week ago. I havenít pulled it apart yet to run through the diagnostics but am hoping to over the weekend. Have you had any luck figuring this out since your post?

Mine wonít start any cycle, it just get stuck at the sensing phase. The door latch doesnít engage, but when I run the diagnostic mode the latch does engage and everything tests ok except the drum never turns. Same thing about no error codes afterwards too.

The only thing I can add at this point is that according to the tech manual, if the acu power checks out, and the motor circuit windings test ok, but the motor still doesnít turn when you retest in diagnostic mode, the manual says to replace the acu. Will follow up after Iím able to run the electrical tests.

Offline bemurph

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 08:53:47 PM »
Following the diagnostics everything seems to check out with mine as well, it just wonít start a cycle and in diagnostic mode the drum never turns during the spin test. My best guess is itís a bad ACU, but I donít think Iím going to put that to the test given how much they cost.

Offline vunger1

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 07:29:39 AM »
Following the diagnostics everything seems to check out with mine as well, it just wonít start a cycle and in diagnostic mode the drum never turns during the spin test. My best guess is itís a bad ACU, but I donít think Iím going to put that to the test given how much they cost.

so is it spinning in diagnostics, if not is the board putting out 120vac to the motor?

Offline vunger1

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 07:37:11 AM »
Iím having what sounds like the exact same problem with that washer and it started a little over a week ago. I havenít pulled it apart yet to run through the diagnostics but am hoping to over the weekend. Have you had any luck figuring this out since your post?

Mine wonít start any cycle, it just get stuck at the sensing phase. The door latch doesnít engage, but when I run the diagnostic mode the latch does engage and everything tests ok except the drum never turns. Same thing about no error codes afterwards too.

The only thing I can add at this point is that according to the tech manual, if the acu power checks out, and the motor circuit windings test ok, but the motor still doesnít turn when you retest in diagnostic mode, the manual says to replace the acu. Will follow up after Iím able to run the electrical tests.

I posted the bulletin below, you are probably on the right track with the acu.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:39:03 AM by vunger1 »

Offline scanline

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:13 AM »

I bought a used acu off ebay Control board W11291148, and it worked perfectly!    The washer actually works amazing now.