Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag gas dryer LDG410 with s/n 381891  (Read 227 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Maytag gas dryer LDG410 with s/n 381891
« on: December 11, 2021, 04:54:24 PM »

I was given this older Maytag gas dryer  for possible  scrap due to  a seized up motor. The motor uses an old design electric connector arrangement wit individual connectors as compared to current design one piece connector block . I have another motor in decent condition that I can possibly make work but a rewire is necessary as noted in the repair parts detail. Can anyone help with a copy of the rewire instructions ?  This is a really old dryer but still in good clean condition  and I would like to save it from the junk pile. HELP !

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag gas dryer LDG410 with s/n 381891
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 06:33:57 AM »
In searching the Internet under google I found an interesting entry for the rewire of the old design motor. It was well done  including pictures and provided most if not all of the info I would need. . Specifically  the double yellow wire goes to terminal #6, the red wire goes to terminal #5 ,The black wire goes to terminal #2, the grey wire goes to the overload terminal  on the switch itself , and the double blue/white wire goes to terminal #1.. I may have missed one so if anyone can provide some additional data it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag gas dryer LDG410 with s/n 381891
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 02:29:39 PM »
This  original motor was removed and a good quality lube/penetrating oil was injected into  both the bearings when the motor was put into a vertical position and rotated slowly. After several minutes of this rotation the bearings were freed up and the motor was reassembled back into the unit. It ran much better and had no hesitation  to start.