Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool duet electric dryer model 110.87721701 with s/n MW4408315  (Read 225 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician

The above model electric dryer was given to me for scrap as the previous owner complained that it ran too hot no matter what setting was used. I dont have a thermometer that goes over 120 F but it looks and feels hotter than that temp at the exhaust vent. No problem was noted  at the control board . It runs very smooth and quiet but it appears it has been hot enough to partially melt a pad on the outside of the drum. Can someone advise what temp I should expect to see at the exhaust vent ? Also  what area might be the cause of such a warm outlet temp ? It has plenty  of air flow and the drum turns freely with no belt slippage. ???  The model number and s/n are hard to read as the tag is slightly damaged.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool duet electric dryer model 110.87721701 with s/n MW4408315
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 07:42:32 AM »
No problem was noted in the heating coil or sensors/T/stats. The problem is in the circuit board and the unit is going to be scrapped since the cost of a new board is too high.