Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool top load washer suspension  (Read 265 times)

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Whirlpool top load washer suspension
« on: November 30, 2021, 02:03:29 PM »

I know that Whirlpool has apparently purposely overlooked this problem for more than 15 years. Yes I said 15 years. And now case in point part number W10780045. 4 cheap rods with 4 cheap Springs with a retainer and a couple plastic plastic suspension accessories. No major supplier is showing stock. Now why something so seemingly reasonable to produce is nowhere to be found. Well, after markets are everywhere. Dont go there.. And there are oems out there for well more than there worth. Ok, done with my rant.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool top load washer suspension
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 10:02:01 PM »
I have seen quite a few posts on this subject over the last few years  and wondered if the design is OK but the springs  and the snubbers are just made to fail after a short life. ? Springs dont usually fail except to fatigue and break .  Is the snubber made from plastic the real problem ?