Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool gas dryer model LFI5801G0 with s/n M84107638  (Read 128 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Whirlpool gas dryer model LFI5801G0 with s/n M84107638
« on: November 29, 2021, 06:14:45 AM »

The above dryer was given to me by a friend who intended to scrap it since it would not heat. It is very old but in nice clean condition and the drum turns OK under power but no heat was being delivered. This design uses an older gas valve with 2 solenoids side by side to the inlet regulator instead of the more current design. As far as I could find during testing the valve itself was stuck and would not open. If these valves are available they are likely fairly expensive but the dryer is very clean with a good motor and controls. I had a complete valve assembly made with the newer design side by side solenoids in my spare parts box so I decided to try to install it. Quite a bit of rework was necessary  to make it fit with the gas delivery pipe and the burner assembly. They were offset differently as compared to the original. That was the easy part. Making the electrical connections was a real test of my engineering ability but with some patience it was  made to work properly and safely. I would not recommend this to anyone else unless you have lots and lots of patience. pictures are being kept in my archives for future work.