Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Duet electric dryer model WED94HEXW0 with s/n M04314865  (Read 274 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician

I was given this dryer by a friend  who was going to scrap it since it would not run. I hooked it up to power and tried to get it to run or to go into the diagnostic mode with no success. The panel lights all operate but I cannot get it to go into the diagnostic mode . I did get it to attempt to start but all it would do is produce a slight click in the control board and nothing else .Before I take it apart to check for obvious things is this model prone to have control board problems. ? Any suggestions from other techs ? 

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Duet electric dryer model WED94HEXW0 with s/n M04314865
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 11:04:22 AM »
This unit is going to be scrapped as the circuit board is not working  and a replacement is too expensive .
Several parts are being salvaged . If anyone needs a door, drum,  or the front interface panel which contains all the lights and selector switch let me know and I will give them to you for the price of postage  and package material. My zip code is 61571. You must respond in 24 hours as the scrapper is coming tomorrow.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 10:07:15 PM »
As I dismantled this unit to check for other problems I was really amazed at how many screws are used to hold the front cover in place which must be removed to access  the drum, belt, heater, thermal fuse, etc. Really a PITA to get at things for repair. I dont want to work on one of these units.!!!

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 07:44:04 AM »
Yep and most common issue is the tension pulley bearing out noise. After a while you get use to it like everything else.