Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Please help identify loud refrigerator part  (Read 371 times)

Offline Tasha111

• VIP Member
Please help identify loud refrigerator part
« on: November 08, 2021, 07:25:21 AM »

Good morning,
I'm hoping someone can help me identify this part inside my fridge.  Its been making a very loud buzzing/almost screeching noise whenever the fridge "kicks on".  I want to be proactive about this and figure out what the part is.  I dont know how old the fridge is, it was here when we moved in, its a Whirlpool but couldn't locate any serial number.  Sorry, I have no clue about any of this so I'm here looking for help.  Its inside at the back of the fridge and there's a long cord connecting it to the temp control knobs. Fan motor maybe??  Can you tell me why its making this sound what it means and how much should I expect to pay for repair?  I've attached pics.  Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help.

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Please help identify loud refrigerator part
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 09:46:39 AM »
You are going to have to find the Model Number.
Perhaps the following will help
https://www.4whirlpool.ie/find-your-model-number/help.pl

Could be that the part is a baffle (it regulates the cold air allowed into the fresh food section)
Some of them are motorized.

Offline Tasha111

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 08:27:55 PM »
Thank you for that link I was able to find the model number:
Model : ET22RKXXW00
It does look like the baffle I googled It and thatís exactly what it looks like thank you!!!
Should I call to have this repaired? Or is it an easy replacement that my neighbor can do?

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 05:20:44 AM »
I do not know your neighbor so I cannot say.